Nov 5, 2009

In the alleys around Charminar...

If you have a fondness for street photography, the alleys and bylanes around Charminar are THE place to head to. I love going there with my camera, finding a nice spot with a view of the crowd, and Charminar in the backdrop, and taking candid shots. This area is very close to my heart because I think it beautifully captures the essence of Hyderabad. This is the real thing - the heart and soul.

Here are some pictures I've shot during my several photowalks to Laad Bazaar, the bangle market near Charminar:

7 comments:

  1. beautiful!
    I wish that you had treated all the pictures in a similar way though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The second picture is neat. Great feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your pictures. Hyderabad is where I went to School (Rosary Convent) as a kid. It seems so far away right now from SFO-USA. But your pictures brought back lovely memories. Whenever a wedding was planned, the first place people went to was Laad Bazaar. I was there a couple of years back to buy 'choodi ka jodaas' as give away gifts at my daughters wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures indeed.Thanks Madhu Gopalan for sharing.Wish you all the best.

    Cheers!!
    Send Gifts to India|Cakes,Flowers to hyderabad

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you SloganMurugan! I actually shot and processed these images at different times, that's why the difference...And I was too lazy to re-process them similarly :D

    Thank you Anil :)

    Introspection - I'm glad you like the images :) Laad bazaar rocks :) I am planning a photoshoot near your school soon - to cover gunfoundry, st george's church, king kothi palace, etc :) Do you visit Hyd often?

    Thank you mona :)

    avagdro - thank you very much :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. interesting pictures. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete