Jul 7, 2010

Colorblind

I was going through my pictures on Flickr to while away the dull, boring afternoon, and ended up picking a few that I wanted to share here. The images I am posting here are pretty random - just that they all happen to be black and white.

This is probably my favourite image among all the ones I have ever shot. My husband and I went on an impromptu photowalk to Charminar, and were delighted to find an elaborate procession just starting outside the Mecca Masjid. This old man was blowing clouds of scented smoke.
Another picture of the activity surrounding the procession. I don't know what was used to create the smoke - it smelled divine :)
This one was a candid I shot in Laad Bazaar, near Charminar.
This is a corridor with a series of arches, in the Paigah Tombs.
This is the Unani hospital, opposite to the Mecca Masjid:
And this is a little boy, playing with the pigeons near the pond in the Mecca Masjid:

14 comments:

  1. beautiful images - I love the first one especially - can understand why it is your favourite! absolutely stunning atmosphere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous black and whites

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first image is amazing. The rest are good too but the first will stay with me for a long time ..great mood and atmosphere!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Charu! I just saw your blog - love love love it! Added you to the blogroll on my other blog :)

    Thank you Megha!

    Thanks a ton Lakshmi!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely lovely photos. Especially liked the first one!

    Greetings from Mumbai,
    - Mindless Mumbai

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow.. very beautiful. I love Hyderabad, and seeing the city thru your lenses... its more beautiful. Will keep comming back

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely pictures. I came here from the blog "Once upon a tea time"....

    Your blog is filled with so much eye-candy, they are going to get diabetic soon :) Thanks for sharing all these wonderful snaps :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks a ton Kunal - You have AMAZING photos on your blog :)

    Thank you PG :) Do stop by often :)

    Thank you so much Shankari :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Madhu :)
    I've linked Aadab Hyderabad on my blog, here.

    - Mindless Mumbai

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are brilliant, Madhu. Both my husband and I are very impressed with your work! (I show him your blog whenever I visit.)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mind blowing photography! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much Kunal :)

    Thanks a ton Georgianna :)

    Kamini - thank you! Glad you like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Khurram Mirza7:17 AM

    Thanks again for bringing us close to the real Hyderabad
    The first pic, if I am not wrong is the "Loban (Frankincense)" which is normally put in a "Oud-daan" which holds some burning coals and when you put this Oud or Loban it gives nice smell. You will see this mostly in the dargahs...

    ReplyDelete