Aug 19, 2010

Puranmal Samadhi

In the Asif Nagar area of Hyderabad, in a lush green garden near the Sitaram Bagh temple, are two fluted, domed pavilions constructed in tthe mid 1800s, in the memory of Seth Puranmal Ganeriwala and his son Premsukh Dasji. Seth Puranmal was a prominent banker in Hyderabad, during the reign of the fourth Nizam, Nawab Mir Nasir-ud-doula. He constructed the famous Sitaram Bagh temple in Asif Nagar.

The pavilions are built in a fusion of South Indian, Rajasthani, Mughal and European architectural styles.

5 comments:

  1. You are making good use of the wonderful city. Peeling it layer by layer like an onion. Good treat for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whenever I visit Hyderabad, I know which blog to check. Its a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mumbai Paused - that's one of the best compliments I've received - thank you so much :)

    Nikheel - thank you so much! I'm always eager to show off my city lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good shots maa'm.. as usual. And I agree with Nikheel too :)

    ReplyDelete