Aug 9, 2010

Toli Masjid

The Toli Masjid is one of the finest surviving examples of Qutb Shahi architecture.It was built during the reign of Sultan Abdullah Qutb Shah, by Musa Khan Mahaldar, his chamberlain and royal architect.
The mosque is built on an elevated terrace with flights of steps in front and on two sides, and is flanked by two minarets on either side.
Five huge arches adorn the facade of the mosque, and its inside is divided into two halls.
The upper half of this mosque is very ornate, and among the most intricate from the Qutb Shahi period.
A solitary devotee in prayer:
When I went to shoot pictures of the masjid, I ran into this bunch of super-excited kids, who wanted to be photographed all at once :) Here are a few pictures of all the giggling, pushing, shoving and jumping that happened :)

4 comments:

  1. classy!...great capture...I am glad I found you and the blog...it feels like I am rediscovering hyderabad all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice set of pictures madhu :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww thank you Sudha :)

    Thanks Sharanya :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Madhu. Where is it exactly located can u tell me? And how do I reach from Himayatnagar or around? Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete