Oct 10, 2011

Hum Mein Hai Hero

Have you seen the recent Hero MotoCorp ad? Hum mein hai hero? When I saw it, I was delighted to see a bit of Hyderabad in it!

This is the commercial:
At 1:40, of course, is the one and only Charminar. And at 1:46, do you see something like this:
This somewhat European looking palace is the Sardar Mahal. The sixth Nizam of Hyderabad, Mir Mahboob Ali Khan built it for his wife Sardar Begum in 1900. But she didn't particularly like the palace, so it remained unoccupied for a very long time. At present, GHMC has its office in Sardar Mahal, but there are plans to set up a museum in the palace: More here.
I shot these pictures more than a year ago, but I never got around to posting them, because I sort of agree with Sardar Begum that  it isn't a very pretty palace :P But this ad gave me the perfect reason to post them :)

12 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:32 AM

    hahaha! People i say!
    They will take a milage out of anything and everything

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mileage? You mean the bikes in the video?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting observation. The ad is quite delightful, trying to encompass the diversity of India. And Sardar Mahal looks like a nice place too. Great post ma'am!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Rushikesh :) I like the ad too - the song especially :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:19 AM

    Madhu,
    I'am commenting here for other posts too.
    I really appreciate your passion and efforts behind these beautiful pictures.
    I lost your blog address after my last visit here( hands at work) It took me a while to find it back. I was really searching for this.
    Now I have bookmarked it.

    Sangeetha Surabhi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful ad, and beautiful pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sangeetha - that's so sweet of you - thank you so much :)

    Thank you Vyankatesh :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't it Golconda fort at 0.33 and 1.33?

    Oh, and btw, I soo love your blog! Glad I found it! I can see in your words and pics, all the Hyderabad that I've been longing to see/visit but haven't/couldn't, for reasons peratining to un-cooperating health and more!

    Thanks so much! Keep it coming! :)

    Yes, I emailed you too, about the Asman Garh Palace...so waiting to hear from you about it (either here, or on email) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. PHOTOGRAPHS ARE SUPERB .U HAVE REALLY DONE WELL.KEEP IT UP AND BEST OF LUCK.DO KEEP CLICKING AD POST IT ON NET.
    SHAHID/NEW DELHI
    SEP 04TH,2012..

    ReplyDelete
  10. snaps R extremely superb.keep it up my best wishes 2 u.keep clicking and post it on net. Good representation of Hyderabad by way of photography.
    shahid/delhi
    sep 04,2012.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your photography is amazing and shows off Hyderabad very nicely. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous4:52 AM

    Great pics, nice selection. Love to see Hyderabad the way you have shown. Only someone who loves the city and someone who can capture it with passion could deliver such beautiful images.
    Just been to Hyderabad for a week on vacation but felt equally happy to see your blog.
    Love the pigeons, the flowers, architecture and the people
    Of late I don't see the real Hyderabad which I saw when I grew up but still there are some glimpses
    Thanks,
    Ali

    ReplyDelete