Jul 1, 2014

The Premamati Mosque {Day 1}

It's been 8 months since my last post here! If anyone is still following this blog, thaaaaank yoooouuu for staying!

This is a very special time in Hyderabad, with both Ramzan and Bonalu coming together, and I wish you all happiness, health and prosperity! I want to attempt a photo-a-day challenge this month. Not elaborate posts, but just pictures with a small story, trivia or something. I am a little wary because I have attempted similar challenges before, and only managed to complete one successfully. But there's no harm in trying, right? I want to do it all through July, but I'll start with a week and then see how it goes!
Today's photo is of the Premamati Mosque that sits on a small hillock on the way to Gandipet. Premamati was a courtesan in the Qutb Shahi court. What's unusual about this mosque is that it has no minarets like the other mosques in the city. It isn't known whether this was on purpose or if the mosque is incomplete.

No comments:

Post a Comment